pastorshane

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Monday Morning Reflections....

New Every Morning

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
      His mercies never cease.
 Great is his faithfulness;
      his mercies begin afresh each morning"
Lamentations 3:22-23

Monday morning seems like an appropriate time
to discuss God's intimate knowledge of us,
His adopted kids.

Have you ever watched a young mother in WalMart
with a couple little kids that have stretched her last
nerve right up to the breaking point?

In the beginning, the Good Lord knew that His kids
were going to have days that left them beaten and
bruised.

Have you ever went to bed at night, begging God to
activate the Rapture Plan before daybreak?

After a miserable night of tossing and turning, you
finally get to sleep a couple hours before the alarm
goes off. And you first thought is, "It isn't too late
for the Rapture rescue."

God understands that we have bad days - days that
rob us of our joy and peace. However, God has a plan.
A plan that He designed with you in mind.

The best way I can describe God's plan is for you to allow
your mind to travel back to when you were a child. Do you
remember the anxious anticipation of Christmas morning?
Christmas morning, do you remember waking up at 4:00 am
and blasting into the living room overwhelmed at the colorful
lights reflecting on the stacks of presents?

All the stress and anticipation that had built up to a boiling point
during the week prior to Christmas, simply melted away in one
breathtaking moment. Christmas had arrived in all its splendor.

Now picture Monday morning.

Monday morning has arrived in all its splendor, or not.

But today's promise out of Lamentations, we find that God has
delivered His magnificent mercies to your house. Look closely
at them and you will see that he has carefully printed your name
on each one of them. God has made available to you, His
endless mercies.

OK, I can hear you now muttering, "I like the idea of that but I have
no idea what a mercies looks like or what I am supposed to do with
it. Where can I cash it in?"

To answer this, I want you to imagine a deep well. No, you can't
drop a rock down this well to see how far it will fall before it splashes.
Lets call this your personal "Well of Mercies". God designed it
especially for you and you alone. So what we are going to find in it,
is what God knew ahead of time that you would need. So this is His
way of providing all your needs.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,
who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

So what you are going to find in your "Well of Mercies"
are perfect gifts that God provided for you?

So right now, take a moment and pray this prayer, "Father God, thank you
so much for knowing what I need, even before I need it. And thank you for
providing good and perfect gifts for me. Please help me to recognize these
gifts as they enter my life. Help me to be grateful to you for loving and
caring for me. Amen"

I know this blog is running longer than usual, but I am having fun. And
honestly, I have never read anything about this before. Nor have I ever
heard anyone teach on this before. So tonight, we are both sitting at the
feet of our Heaven Father, listening to Him teach us. That means that I
am not inclined to leave until He has completed His lesson. So grab a
snack and get comfortable because He is about to reveal what He has
provided in our "Well of Mercies".

#1. God's Eternal Promises in His Eternal Word
"Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that
through them you may participate in the divine nature...." 2 Peter 1:4

#2. God's Eternal Security of Christians
‘All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to me I will
certainly not cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will,
but the will of Him who sent Me.’ John 6:37-40


#3. God's Eternal Strength
"My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad
to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me"
2 Corinthians 12:9
"I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my
deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my
salvation, my stronghold" Psalms 18:1-2

#4. God's Eternal Comfort
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are
crushed" Psalm 34:18
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy
burdens, and I will give you rest" Matthew 25:25-30

#5. God's Eternal Home for Believers
"For we know that when this earthly tent we live in its taken down
(that is, when we die and leave this earthly body),
we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God
Himself and not by human hands" 2 Corinthians 5:1

There are more amazing gifts that God promises and provides for His children.
However, this blog is in danger of becoming a sermon and no one wants that.
So, Monday morning, as you face the day, look over this list and the eternal verses
from God's Word to you, and face the day with confidence and courage.

God bless and keep you,
Pastor Shane