pastorshane

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Good Lord Wakes Me Up

I've been taking acoustic guitar lessons (as finances permit) for 3 years. I love it. My obsession is "fingerpicking". I love the clean tones and melody resonating from my $90 guitar. I believe if I can develop my skill set enough to make that ol 6 string sing, then when I get my hands on a fine instrument, it will be illuminating.

My passion is the Psalms. You know the Psalms were written to be sang (or played on instruments) in worship. And that my friends, is my dream. To express my heart song on the guitar, using the Psalms.

I love it when the good Lord nudges me awake in the middle of the night. I like to think He wants some company. I trudge out and wood the fire, let the dogs out, and reach for my ol 6 string. That is the moment, I would love to open my Bible and pluck a melody set to a chapter in Psalms. And I have found that I can transition from the Psalms (of which many are prayers) to my own prayerful worship.

Never know. Some night when the good Lord nudges me awake, it may be to pray for you. As I pluck at the strings in prayer, the good Lord may be impressing your name on my heart. How cool is that?

"By day the LORD directs His love, at night His song is with me--a prayer to the God of my life.". Psalm 42:8