pastorshane

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My friend, Becky is in Heaven tonight

This morning my friend passed out of this life and into her glorified eternal state.

The Bible says that one day with God is like a thousand of our years.

Imagine stepping out of this life with its disease, aging, sorrow, pain, frustration, into a new life of wholesome perfection. Shaking free of the chains that hold us captive to this old world and experiencing new life in the presence of God Himself.

The Bible describles this life as a vapor that appears for a short time, then vanishes away.

Imagine being free from the stress of affording health insurance.

Imagine being free from the pressure of affording a retirement plan.

Imagine never having to listen to another TV political advertisement.

Someone wrote that no one wants to go to hell, but no one seems excited about going to Heaven either because most people think Heaven will be one long eternal church service. With an eternity of church songs and an eternity of.... (zzzzzzzz)

God doesn't tolerate people that waste the gifts and resources He gives them, so it is consistent with God's Word for Him to expect us to utilize them in Heaven. Don't ask me to explain that any further because my frail brain has God given limitations that prevent me from
Grasping the glories that await us in the presence of God Almighty.

So I conclude this tribute to Becky with,

2 Timothy 4:7-8
"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
Henceforth, there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."