pastorshane

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

God's Belly Laugh



I had lunch with a friend today who is dating a wonderful Christian lady.  He commented that he was honored but humbled that a spiritual woman of such high caliber would chose to date him. 

At some point in our conversation he asked me the big, “WHY?” question. 
WHY in the world did she agree to date him? 

And since I am a “man of God” with deep insightful wisdom into the character of the Almighty, I responded in a very pious manner, “God chose you to date this amazing young lady because ~ (((( drum roll )))) ~ God has a wonderful sense of humor and enjoys a good belly laugh.” 

Of course I went on to explain that the Almighty probably nudged the Archangel Gabriel and said, “Watch this ~ this will really blow your mind.” 

And through His unlimited power, brought two remarkable ~ yet highly different ~ people together from such vastly differing backgrounds that the angels paused their duties to watch the relationship unfold. 

In my mind’s eye I can see the Archangel Gabriel give a slight roll of his eyes as he grasped the unlikeliness of this unusual pairing. 

Then the Almighty comments, “I specialize in taking the unlikely and bringing about perfection.” 

Hard to argue with that. 

 Remember, dear brothers and sisters,
that few of you were wise in the world’s eyes
or powerful or wealthy when God called you.
Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish
in order to shame those who think they are wise.
And he chose things that are powerless
to shame those who are powerful.
God chose things despised by the world,
things counted as nothing at all,
and used them to bring to nothing
what the world considers important.
As a result,
no one can ever boast in the presence of God.
1 Corinthians 1:27 NLT

Face it, watching the good LORD work behind the scenes in events, circumstances and people to bring about what is the very best in every situation is…. simply an exercise in faith-building. 

I have learned to open my eyes and recognize God’s hand at work in the day to day happenings of life. 

Right now, I am working with ½ a dozen people that are sincerely working to turn their lives around.  They have tried all the dead end roads that Satan offered them…. only to find despair, heart ache, depression, and loneliness. 

I believe the good LORD wants our church to be ½ Lighthouse to those who have lost their way and ½ hospital for those who are broken. 

OK, I will stop preaching and let you get back to watching TV. 

Thank you for dropping by and spending a couple minutes with me.

Please pray for me ~ because I am praying for you….

Pastor Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment