pastorshane

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Frequent Recharging Needed

I have one of those new fangled iPhones. Yea, I love it.

My iPhone is my office, my day-timer, my typewriter, it plays my music, and get this, it makes phone calls too. Pretty nifty.

My iPhone has a LOT of technical "do-hickeys" and is only limited by my lack of technical know-how on to make it work.

My iPhone has one "glitch" -- the battery runs down pretty quickly.

Check it out -- this is the ONLY blog in the whole world that has used the words "fangled", "nifty", "know-how", "glitch", and "do-hickeys" on purpose. You are truly blessed.

Back to the iPhone adventure.

I have a recharging cord in my pickup for any and every opportunity to plug the iPhone in for a drink of juice. I am currently Googling a solar recharging unit -- in the off chance that we have a couple days of sunshine in our far distant future.

Thanks to Google, I located some subsystems that operate all the time and suck extra juice out of the battery -- even when it is off line.

But my point is, every change I get, I either plug it in to a recharging source or risk running out of power.

Guess where I am going with this????

Tonight I am going to have mercy on you and quote one of the shortest verses in the whole Bible. 1 Thessalonians 5:16, "Always be joyful".... sorry, not that one -- that one is very difficult so lets look at the next one, "1 Thessalonians 5:17, "Never stop praying". Hummmm that sounds tough too -- so lets read the next one, 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus". CRUD, that sounds unreasonable so lets go back to verse 17, "Never stop praying".

This adds a whole new element to the dangers of driving a motor vehicle. While driving, close your eyes, bow your head and say, "Our Father which art in Heaven..... " Is that what the Apostle Paul means in this verse?

"Never stop praying"
You are NEVER more than a breath away from being in the presence of God Almighty.
He wants to "restore your soul" Psalms 23:3

"Never stop praying"
You are NEVER more than a breath away from speaking to the Creator of the Universe.
He wants to "carry your worries" 1 Peter 5:7

"Never stop praying"
The King of Kings and Lord of Lords desires to spend time with you.
He wants you to take all your cares, worries, complaints, concerns, heartaches, doubts, to Him. Matthew 11:28-30

"Never stop praying", HOW does this work?

The Lord says, “I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my ways" Ezekiel 36:26-27

Do you not know your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. The temple of God is holy, and that temple is what you are" 1 Corinthians 3:16-17

"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you." John 14:16-17

 "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world." 1 John 4:4

So your spiritual take-away for today is: "Speak, He is listening".