pastorshane

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Breakdown Maintenance

When I bought my pickup, the previous owner had the exhaust dueled off and glass packs for pipes. My point? It had a loud growl and sounded like a Mac truck.

And unlike the previous owner, I actually work the truck and use it off road. No, I don't abuse it but it is a tool that I spend a lot of time working.

A couple weeks ago, my truck and I got caught in some heavy slush and spent some time commuting down the ditch. It was quite eventful and scared the Bee-Jeez out of me. I almost escaped the ditch detour unscathed but when I pulled back up on the road, I plowed through a frozen snow bank. That broke the mounts on my tailpipes.

So today I as I was getting in my pickup, I noticed my tailpipe dragging underneith. That is never good. So I crawled under the pickup and found the exhaust pipe totally broken off. Not good. From my unprofessional opinion, the mounts on both pipes are broken and it needs some serious work. I bet this kind of work doesn't come cheap.

So what is our spiritual take-away from today's adventure?

Life is dangerous and sometimes we need breakdown maintenance.

Sometimes it is sin that creeps into out thoughts and gives us spiritual sickness.

Sometimes it is selfishness that attacks our relationships.

Sometimes it is exhaustion and a spiritual retreat is what the doctor ordered.

Sometimes it is misplaced priorities and we need to recalibrate our focus.

Sometimes it is corrupted values that need saturated in Gods Word.

I could honestly go on like this for 25 pages. Man's ability to breakdown is limitless.

So what are God's thoughts on our breakdowns?

 My child, pay attention to what I say.
    Listen carefully to my words.
Don’t lose sight of them.
    Let them penetrate deep into your heart,
for they bring life to those who find them,
    and healing to their whole body.
Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.

Proverbs 4:20-23

 “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble,
    and he saved them from their distress.
He sent out his word and healed them,
    snatching them from the door of death.
 Let them praise the Lord for his great love
    and for the wonderful things he has done for them.

Psalm 107:19-21

Let all that I am praise the Lord;
    may I never forget the good things he does for me.
 He forgives all my sins
    and heals all my diseases.
He redeems me from death
    and crowns me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
    My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!

Psalm 103:2-5

No comments:

Post a Comment