pastorshane

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Benched

The good Lord uses circumstances, events and people to transform us into people that glorify & honor Him.

What is uncomfortable, is when God uses pain and suffering to nudge us where He wants us. Don't get me wrong, I have complete confidence that the good Lord always does what is best in every situation.

Anyway, for the last week, I have struggled with a pollen sinus headache and back spasms. I only mention this because God had a plan and His perfect plan required me being removed from my comfort zone.

There is another health issue that I wasn't going to mention but it has a human element to it that is (I suspect) very common. I am a type 2 Diabetic and daily battle to keep my blood sugar in a healthy zone. This is all fine and good.... except I stopped by Super 1's Bakery and purchased a box of their hot apple fritters the other day. Yea, guess what affect apple fritters have on a diabetic. Dork boy....

Last night I was scheduled to teach a Bible study but due to my health issues, I wasn't fit for human contact. An amazing Bible teacher covered for me and explained my health issues to the group. They kept me in prayer and an amazing thing happened. God laid it on the heart of a wonderful retired pastor in the group to call me and offer to teach tonight's Bible Study.

Normally my stubborn streak would never allow me to "call in sick" for work but -- quite frankly, I feel God not only slowing me down to take care of myself physically, but I feel God leading me to schedule more time every day for Bible study and prayer.

So I take this wonderful retired pastor up on his offer to teach tonights Bible study.

The retired pastor taught Proverbs 3:5-6:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.
"

The Spirit of the Lord touched hearts tonight. God's Word was presented in a practical, down to earth manner that touched everyone where they lived.

And from where I sit, I realize that this would not have happened as God not moved me out of the way and put me on the bench.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment