pastorshane

Monday, December 19, 2011

What Exactly Does God Want From Me?

As I write this, in the recesses of my mind I can hear my dad saying,
"Because I told you so, that's why".
None of you ever heard your dad say, "You live in my house
then you will obey my rules".
In my dad's case, I never had to doubt what was on his mind.

Due to the severe economic downturn, I frequently have people ask,
"What exactly does God expect from me?"
"What does God want me to do?"
"I really want to obey God but I have no idea what He wants from me."
So the question is, "Is my dad a better communicator than God?"
So perhaps the question is, "How does God choose to communicate
with you?"
"Can you know what God wants you to do?"

Rather than wax eloquent and give you my opinions and thoughts,
I instead will share some of God's own Words and step aside while
He leads you to enlightenment and direction.

"For I know the plans I have for you", says the Lord.
"They are plans for good and not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
(hope)

"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path"
Psalm 119:105
(Read His Words to you)

"But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative --
that is, the Holy Spirit -- He will teach you everything and will
remind you of everything I have told you". John 14:26
(Holy Spirit in you)

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God and he will give it
to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him,
be sure that your faith is in God alone". James 1:5
(prayer)

"Plans go wrong for lack of advice;
many advisers bring success". Proverbs 15:22
(spiritual friends to advise)

"And we know that God causes everying to work together for
The good of those who love God and are called according to
His purpose for them." Romans 8:28
(trust God to be God)

No comments:

Post a Comment