pastorshane

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Puzzles....

My wifey loves putting puzzles together on the kitchen table. This year she has tackled a 2000 piece puzzle of the Lord's Supper. I look at the 2000 pieces and all I see are a jumbled mass of the same color and roughly the same basic shape. The attraction that draws her to this, eludes me.

I notice that during the warm summer months, no puzzle is allowed out of its box. Apparently the only time puzzles are allowed out of their captive environment is during damp, cold, wintery weather. My conclusion is that puzzles are a last ditch effort to retain sanity when all else has failed.

My final observation on puzzles that leaves me puzzled (pun intended) is that after spending 100 hours of intense labor putting it together, it is then unceremoniously scrapped, roughly tore apart and reinserted into the box until next winter. if I worked that hard on something and invested that many hours on a project, no one would destroy it without losing teeth

"Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest for a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. Mark 6:33

Either come apart or your will come apart. Jesus frequently went apart into a mountain to pray and rest. If I have learned one life lesson this winter, it is the importance of taking care of myself and learning to rest.

For each of us, rest means something different. For my wifey, it is turning off the accounting part of her brain and putting together a puzzle. For me, it is curling up in my chair and writing.

My question for you is, what do you do to recharge your batteries?

Worship in Silence

The hardest tasks for a Believer is to get to know God and keep our hearts pure.

The only way to accomplish both of these is through "silence". Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God."

in silence you discover a taste of eternity.

in silence your body is forced to listen to words.

in silence your tongue is forced to listen to your thoughts.

in silence your thoughts are forced to listen to your heart. Proverbs 4:23

in silence your heart is forced to listen to God's Spirit.

"The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children" Romans 8:16

No comments:

Post a Comment