pastorshane

Monday, December 19, 2011

Blindsided.... by an Oral Surgeon

Since I was a kid, going to the dentist was simply traumatic,
for me, for the dentist, for my parents, and anyone within earshot.
So you would think that as an adult, I would mature and grow out of that, right?
Not so much.
Which means that I habitually procrastinate going to the dentist until the tooth
is so far gone, can't be repaired.
You would think that I might learn from this pattern of failure, but no.
So at 5:30 am this morning I am making the 2 hour drive my see my oral surgeon.
The word for today boys and girls is, "angst".
Definition: a feeling of anxiety, apprehension, or insecurity.
And I have a 2 hour drive to give my "angst" time to process and develop.
My dentist in Colville understands my "angst" and scheduled me to be "put to sleep"
during my extraction.  He is a wise and understanding man.
However, due to my "angst", I purchased a Starbucks coffee to wash down my breakfast.
Again, you would think I would learn, but no.
The oral surgeon explained that I can't be "put to sleep" if I have eaten in the last 6 hours.
Now the BLINDSIDE.
The oral surgeon was excellent.  I have nothing to complain about.
And his amazing nurse is a young bride that I had the privilege of officiating her wedding
a couple summers ago.  I was cared for like I was family.
Oh, and the blindside continues.
Since they couldn't "put me to sleep", it was cheaper by a third (give or take).
So my blindside was, my "angst" was all for not.
I spent hours fretting over something that never happened.

"Don't worry about anything;
instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need,
and thank Him for all He has done.
Then you will experience God's peace,
which exceeds anything we can understand.
His peace will guard your hearts and minds
as you live in Christ Jesus"
Philippians 4:6-7

1 comment:

  1. Well done for all your hard work in providing this high quality blog.Thanks for great information you write it very clean.

    ReplyDelete