pastorshane

Sunday, December 11, 2011

This Pastor's Perspective

You are familiar with the "word association" game?
I say a word and without thinking, you say the first word that comes to your mind.
I say, "Christmas" and you say "_____________"

This simple game reveals the impact our society has had on you.
At the risk of sounding cynical, the WalMart Christmas mentality, grooms you to expect a large pile of "made in China" gifts that will provide you with plenty of yard sale inventory.
Ok, that came off more snarky than I anticipated but it is a good setup for my conclusion.

So ask yourself this, "What would I like to receive for Christmas that I need?"

If you are like most Americans, if you want something, you run to the WalMart and get it. So, how do you buy gifts for people that pretty much have everything they need and want?

I want a group of rebels to join me. Rebels that are open minded enough to redefine Christmas.
From my perspective, I want Christmas to last 365 days. Relax. I am not suggesting a year long subscription to the "Gift of the Day Club".

This is a rough draft, but our motto should be, "I will meet someone's need everyday in 2012".
The Good Lord will guide people to you every day, if you are generous with the resources He has already given you. God doesn't reward stingy, grumpy servants.

'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much" Matthew 25:23

"God loves a cheerful giver" 2 Corinthians 9:7

No comments:

Post a Comment