pastorshane

Saturday, April 7, 2012

What Do I Believe?

Garden Valley Community Church Pastor Shane Moffitt                            April 8th 2012

 What Does It Mean To Be A Christian?                  
but your sinful acts have alienated you from your God;
your sins have caused Him to reject you
and not listen to your prayers” Isaiah 59:2

No one is righteous—not even one.”                   
                                                 Romans 3:10

He saved us, not because of the righteous things  we had done, but because of His mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.  He generously poured out the Spirit upon us through Jesus Christ our Savior. Because of His grace He declared us righteous and gave us confidence that we will inherit eternal life."     Titus 3:5-7

God made Christ, who never sinned,
to be the offering for our sin,
so that we could be made right with God through Christ.            
2 Corinthians 5:21

How Do You Become A Christian?
·        FAITH in Jesus  Christ as Savior is the ONLYstep” to salvation
·        Salvation is not about “steps” we must follow to earn salvation                  (Ephesians 2:8-9)

“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus
and you will be saved,
along with everyone in your household.” 
Acts 16:30-31

A:  ADMIT you are a sinner
"There is no one righteous, not even one....
for all have sinned and fall short of the
glory of God"  Romans 3:10
ASK:  Ask God's Forgiveness
"Everyone who calls on the name of the
Lord will be saved"  Romans 10:13

B:  BELIEVE in Jesus Christ
Trust Jesus Christ 100% to be your ONLY
hope of Salvation
"For God so loved the world that he gave his
one and only Son, that whoever believes in him
shall not perish but have eternal life"  John 3:16
BECOME a child of God by TRUSTING Jesus Christ
"To all who receive Him, to those who believed in His
name, He gave the right to become the children of God"
John 1:12

C:  CONFESS that Jesus Christ is your Lord
"If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord,"
and believe in your heart that God raised Him
from the dead, you will be saved" 
Romans 10:9-10

The Sinners Prayer
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment