pastorshane

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Customer Service

Some days....

This morning my dear wifey woke me up by announcing that our 2 year old -- top of the line -- Kenmore refrigerator quit working sometime during the night.

I can't say this pleased me because Kenmore refrigerator's are quite expensive and (silly me) I expect them to last more than 2 years.

I am tempted to go into a yarn about the "good ol days" when refrigerators lasted up to 5 or 6 years. But those days are loooong gone.

So Michele called the "_ (company name)_" and asked for the maintenance division. She was immediately connected with a genius that had NO interest in getting our refrigerator repaired but was highly motivated to sell her an extended warrantee.

She repeatedly asked him how to get a repairman out here to fix the refrigerator and he stayed the course and refused to assist her with that.

The young lad made 2 crucial errors: (a) he told her that if she would purchase the extended warrantee -- we would still have to pay for (a long list of things) that are not covered by the expensive warrantee; and (b) (and now I quote him) "in a couple years when the refrigerator breaks down again, you will be glad you purchased the extended warrantee".

At this point, I heard my wife comment, "You have a very low opinion of your product if you expect it to break down every 2 years".

The knucklehead persisted in trying to sell her something she did not want until she finally hung up on his sales pitch.

Time for me, the manly man, to resolve this issue.

So I got on line, went to "_ (company name)_" and looked up the maintenance division. Low and behold, they actually have a wonderful, user friendly web site with service technicians "standing by", just waiting for my e-mail.

At this point, I was feeling pretty good about myself. So I typed up an e-mail with all the pertinent information and hit "SEND".

This activated a pop-up screen that demanded my VISA card number. Because there is a $40 dollar fee for using "_(company name)_" maintenance division web site.

They would not even acknowledge my e-mail until I paid $40.

They don't know what my question is -- let alone if they have an answer -- or how involved the repair may be.

CRUD

So, what is your spiritual take-away from today's adventure?
(besides that your pastor is human and is capable of righteous indignation)
This is NOT going where you expect, so stick around.....

"My faith was encouraged today when a Christian brother, unexpectedly came to our rescue."

I had a Christian friend cornered today and was ranting & raving over my lack of satisfaction with "_(company name)_".

When I finally ran down, he laughed and said, "I have an older refrigerator in my garage that is not being used. Stop by and I will help you load it up. Take it home and it should serve you for a long time, or at least until your new refrigerator is fixed."

At the end of the day, as my mind was replaying the events that transpired and my reactions throughout, I was humbled, able to appreciate from my soul, and offer the good Lord my sincere thanks for again, blessing me beyond my expectations.

"Dear brothers and sisters,
when troubles come your way,
consider it an opportunity for great joy.
For you know that when your faith is tested,
your endurance has a chance to grow.  
So let it grow,
for when your endurance is fully developed,
you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing
."
James 1:2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment