pastorshane

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Change

My wife insists that “Change is always good”.

Albert Einstein said, "The greatest power in the universe is man's resistance to change".  I would debate that with him ~ merely because he neglected to consider God in his thought process ~ but overall, I think his idea holds water.   

There are some things I don’t mind changing….take SOCKS for instance.  Change is good.    

The reason I am on this rant is, my sleep pattern has changed AGAIN. 

I was in a pretty good routine.  I would go to bed and write my blog and drift to sleep.

Yes, my blog put me to sleep.  Confession is good for the soul. 

When I started my blog, my intent was not to create a sleep aid but – the good Lord works in mysterious ways. 

However, this week the unthinkable happened.  I actually started falling asleep when my head hit the pillow.  WHAT is that all about? 

So now I have to find a new time to write my blog. 

You would think that I could do it first thing in the morning, when I am fresh and alert. 

But that is when I do my Bible study and practice my guitar. 

Needless to say, I am in a quandary.  (first time I have ever used the word “quandary”) 

So what is our spiritual take-away from this life observation?

What I have done to get to where I am – is NOT what I need to do to get to where I am going

And don’t ask me where I got that saying, I have no idea, but I really like it.

What I did to achieve success (or in some cases “failure”) is not what I need to do to move forward in my life. 

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.   Philippians 3:13-14
“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.  Romans 12:2



2 comments:

  1. NOTICE I am slowly getting a grip on the CHANGES BlogSpot made to their software????
    NO ~ I am really really not happy with them but.... believe it or not.... they didn't call and ask me for my opinion????
    I know, I know, I am as shocked as you are....
    go figure....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the best time to write my blog is early evening. After I unwind from school, Everett and I enjoy dinner together, and I take some photos I then think of the day and what inspired me. I think leaving your Bible study and guitar to the morning makes more sense. I love rituals in my life!

    ReplyDelete