pastorshane

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Unexpected Blessing

Our church is graced with a man of God that teaches our Sunday School class.  However, today he is sick.   
So he called me and asked if I would cover his Sunday School class.  Steve has been teaching through the book of Exodus.  He makes it interesting and very practical so the “bar has been raised”.  Yea, no pressure....  
Steve was kind enough to coach me through the passage that he needs taught.  Today's lesson covered most of Exodus chapters 12 & 13.  Steve is a certified master teacher and would have no problem covering the 2 chapters but me….. well…. I’m cut from a different cloth. 

OK, confession is good for the soul so I will admit that I only covered 2 verses. 
What happened was interesting.  

The passage is the record of God giving Moses directions on how to celebrate the Passover feast. This is something of a passion of mine that I study on a regular basis. So I was pretty jazzed about digging into the material.     
The Sunday School class is comprised of about 35 people that love God's Word and study it on a daily basis (Acts 17:11).  As soon as I read the first verse, the hands started going up and they began sharing their wisdom and insight.  I heard a few insights that never crossed my mind before and soon I was sitting at the feet of Saints that spend time with God.  Soon, the whole class was honoring God and testifying what they had gleaned from their own studies. 

Your spiritual take-away is more of a CHALLENGE: “When you study God’s Word, He will reveal things to you, that you need to share with me, your pastor.” 
YES, I have a Bible verse to prove it…. Read Galatians 6:6….

the one who receives instruction in the Word should share all good things with their instructor  Galatians 6:6
My point is this, when God reveals something to you and you experience one of those “ah ha” moments.  I NEED to hear about it.  It refills my spiritual tank. 

When Priscilla and Aquila heard him preaching boldly in the synagogue, they took him aside and explained the way of God even more accurately.  Acts 18:26
Is that amazing?

Consider this:  Too often, Christians look at pastors as the person God has selected to be the church work horse.  When in reality, God has commanded all of us to work together as a single body.  God equips each person with different gifting and skills.  Yet, all body parts function in unity to accomplish God’s purpose and bring Him glory. 
So my friends, I ask you:  What has God taught you TODAY from His Word?”   

No comments:

Post a Comment