pastorshane

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Suggestion

Years ago, I was reading the devotional website "Guideposts"
and noticed they had a "Prayer Requests" link.

I checked out the "Prayer Requests" link and found 2 options.
The first is an easy to use place to send in a prayer request.
The other is a process to become a "Prayer Volunteer".

Once you go through their easy acceptance Prayer Volunteer process,
you have access to all the prayer requests that people submit.

And to give you an idea of how powerful this is,
at least once a week,
I receive an e-mail notification that the site is so overwhelmed
by new prayer requests that they need the volunteers
to put in some extra time praying.

Today, I received an emergency e-mail prayer notification
that they were over 9,000 prayer requests backlogged.

So I log into to: http://pra.ourprayer.org or www.ourprayer.org
and one fresh prayer request at a time is presented to me for prayer.

After I finish praying for that request, there is a "completed" icon on the right to click. Once you click the "completed" icon, you are presented with your next request.

All prayer requests are anonymous
and we have to agree to never attempt to contact any of the people requesting prayer.

I have found that most prayer requests involve JOBS, MARRIAGE TROUBLE, HEALTH, or SALVATION for a loved one.

It is heartbreaking to slowly move through the hundreds of requests that seems like an endless river of heartache and pain moving across my computer screen.

For a moment in time, God opens my heart and pours compassion into my soul as He calls me to intercede for those in need.

Your spiritual take-away is this:
"It is healthy to pray for OTHERS
and intentionally avoid anything selfish or self centered.
"

Moses' intercessory prayer for God's people, held back the hand of God from destroying the nation in His wrath.    

So he declared he would destroy them.
But Moses, his chosen one, stepped between the Lord and the people.
He begged him to turn from his anger and not destroy them
.
Psalm 106:23

The Lord told Moses,
“Quick! Go down the mountain!
Your people whom you brought from the land of Egypt have corrupted themselves.
How quickly they have turned away from the way I commanded them to live!
They have melted down gold and made a calf, and they have bowed down and sacrificed to it.
They are saying,
‘These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.’”
Then the Lord said,
“I have seen how stubborn and rebellious these people are.
Now leave me alone so my fierce anger can blaze against them,
and I will destroy them. Then I will make you, Moses, into a great nation.”
But Moses tried to pacify the Lord his God.
“O Lord!” he said. “Why are you so angry with your own people whom you brought from the land of Egypt with such great power and such a strong hand?
Why let the Egyptians say, ‘Their God rescued them with the evil intention of slaughtering them in the mountains and wiping them from the face of the earth’?
Turn away from your fierce anger.
Change your mind about this terrible disaster you have threatened against your people! Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
You bound yourself with an oath to them, saying, ‘I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars of heaven.
And I will give them all of this land that I have promised to your descendants, and they will possess it forever.’”

So the Lord changed his mind about the terrible disaster
he had threatened to bring on his people.

Exodus 32:7-14

No comments:

Post a Comment