pastorshane

Friday, October 17, 2014

The Question



The Question

I am so old that I remember VCRs.

I know ~ some of you reading this have only seen VCRs on the TV show,
I love the 80’s”. 

Anyway, the old VCRs had a frequent problem with jamming. 
Why they would stop working ~ I have no idea. 

But when the frustrating machine would jam ~ the solution was to find the little red “reset” button.  This mysterious little red “reset” button would make all things right with the world.

So when my life focus moves out of focus ~ there is a question that has a “reset” effect on my focus: 

“What would you be willing to attempt for God
if you knew you could not fail?”

So what is your answer? ________________________________________

If your answer isn’t “Exactly what I am doing right now” ~ 
then it is time for reflection.

When I look in the mirror and ask myself what is holding me back ~ 
my personal Achilles heel resurfaces, “FEAR OF FAILURE”. 

Everyone has something different 
that keeps them from achieving all God has planned. 

In August of 2006, Garden Valley Community Church asked me to be their pastor.  A couple years later, they offered me a “full time” position as pastor.  The church had less than 25 people at the time.  The “rule of thumb” for church staff members is a ratio of 1 for every 100 members. 

Talk about a “leap of faith”. 

But when I considered the question:
“What would you be willing to attempt for God
if you knew you could not fail?”

There was absolutely no doubt what God wanted me to do.

God’s call on my heart was unmistakable. 

To complete the leap of faith ~ my wife and I sold our home in Colville and bought a home close to the church.   

Faith is not merely your holding on to God
it is God holding on to you
He will not let you go

No comments:

Post a Comment