pastorshane

Monday, October 27, 2014

Keep On Keeping On in Prayer



Last week, there was a terrible school shooting just outside of Seattle.

This morning’s newspapers are reporting the ongoing devastation as the wounded students battle for their lives. 

One of the wounded students is a friend of a close friend of mine. 

So last week, my friend reached out to me and asked me to pray for her hospitalized friend as the doctors scramble to save her life. 

I asked my friend for permission to put this prayer request out to God’s people ~ she immediately gave her blessing. 

I posted on FaceBook a general overview of the situation and asked all Believers to stand together in unity and offer up prayers of love and healing. 

The response was overwhelming.

100’s of people posted that they were in prayer.

Not only that, many of those responding are Believers with their own prayer partner networks ~ and they passed the request out to their networks.

This side of Heaven, we will never know how many people have been praying for this young person but what we do know is ~ the heart of God is warmed by the outpouring of love from of His people.

When we pray ~ we keep our eyes on God and not on the difficulty.

Perhaps that is why God allows tragic things to storm into our lives ~ because it drives us to our knees and reminds us who He is and who we are. 

God works in circumstances, events, and people. 

He uses these things to get our attention and draw us close into His presence. 

Because only by drawing close to Him ~ can we experience joy in trouble, peace in difficulty, and love in pain. 

Know this ~ I’m praying for you.

“As for me, I will certainly not sin against the Lord by ending my prayers for you. And I will continue to teach you what is good and right. 1 Samuel 12:23 NLT

PRAYER:
“Father, one of Your children is suffering this morning.
My prayer is for You to draw close to this child and her parents and provide them with Your peace that passes all human understanding. 
I know that You are always good ~ in every situation ~ working to bring about the very best possible result. 
So in faith I express my gratitude for the perfect answer You are going to provide for this child and her family.
Please surround them with Believers who can encourage them and lift them up in this time of trouble. I ask this in Your Son’s name, Amen!”  


No comments:

Post a Comment