pastorshane

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Hiding Behind the Dorito Display



Hiding Behind the Dorito Display

I pray you find this line of thought amusing.

If not ~ forgive me and I will try again tomorrow. 

Have you ever been in a public place and spotted someone that has an axe to grind with you and once they start ~ it always takes an hour or more for them to get it off their chest? 

Well, that happened to me today.

And by the time I spotted that person ~ it was too late for evasive maneuvers.     

In my mind I could hear the battle ship claxon sounding and a voice on a loud speaker barking: “Man your battle stations ~ this is not a drill.” 

Dropping to the floor and rolling behind the Dorito display was not an option because a couple kids were playing back there already.  It’s a peculiar moment when the pastor considers hiding behind a Dorito display a healthy course of action. 

Once I steeled my mind to the fact that contact was imminent ~ I had a Star War’s movie flashback.  God realized I needed a little extra grace for the moment and gave me a good whack to the funny bone because I found myself laughing out loud.  In fact, by the time I got done laughing ~ the moment had passed and the person had turned down the next isle without seeing me. 

Anyway, do you remember in the 4th Star Wars movie ~ where the evil storm troopers are searching for the droids and old Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi waves his hand in front of their faces and says, “These aren't the droids you're looking for.” And the storm troopers become confused and wander off in the other direction. 

I found myself waving my hand in the air and saying, “This is not the pastor you are looking for”.  And to top it off ~ the person wandered off in the other direction.  Thank you old Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi. 

What ~ pray tell ~ spiritual application can be derived from this?

A most excellent question….

And the moment nothing comes to mind ~ but when illumination comes ~  
I will roll out from behind the Dorito display and type it up.

But until then ~ I feel quite safe back here behind the Dorito display hiding with 2 preschoolers.  They have promised to protect me. 








No comments:

Post a Comment