pastorshane

Monday, October 13, 2014

And God Smiled



And God Smiled
I just talked to a wonderful Christian friend that started a new job this week working in the health care industry. 

She was telling me about going from room to room ~
learning how to best care for patients. 

Her positive attitude and enthusiasm for bringing a sense of calm and comfort to those suffering is truly a gift God has blessed her with. 

As my friend talked about her new duties ~ a stillness came over her.                 I noticed she seemed to be reliving her time with one elderly patient that struggled to connect with people. 

This particular elderly patient lit up with joy when my friend spent time with her and cared for her physical needs. 

In that moment, my friend was the “hands and feet of Jesus”. 

I find it magnificent to meditate on how much work God’s Spirit had done prior to these two people meeting in preparation.  My friend had to have her heart softened and her patience increased in preparation for the patient contact.  And the patient’s heart must have been made acutely aware of her loneliness and need for love and compassion ~ so when it was finally offered ~ she was prepared to respond in a positive healthy way.

God’s timing is so perfect.   

For an interesting ~ and staggering insight on this….

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus,                      so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.  Ephesians 2:10 NLT

Is it possible that ~ before the universe was created ~ God strolled through the canvas of time ~ and knew that one of His elderly loved ones was going to be having a difficult time ~ so He put a plan in place to specifically prepare my friend ~ preparing her to reach out in love and compassion at His perfect time to come along His elderly loved one and encourage her through her dark moments….

Do you want to know what God has in mind when He says:

28 Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because  I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
                                                                                                 Matthew 11:28-29 NLT

Don’t miss this …..
Jesus said that if you are exhausted and at the end of your rope ~                   spend time with Him and He will “restore your soul” (Psalm 23:3)….
You are not alone ~ He is offering to come along side you (idea of a yoke) and help share the load you are dealing with. 

I believe there are many ways that He will do this ~ but one of them is ~     the good Lord will bring someone into your life (that He has specifically prepared) to put a cool washrag on your feverish forehead and provide you a sense of calm and comfort.

The part of this that is absolutely magnificent is ~ YOU are one of those people that the good Lord is preparing to be His “hands and feet” to someone in a difficult place. 

This should take your breath away ~ God had a plan before He created the universe ~ to use YOU as His minister to someone in need. 

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world.
35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink.
I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home.
36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me.
I was in prison, and you visited me.’
37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink?
38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’  Matthew 25: 34-40 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment