pastorshane

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A BAT

"A BAT" -- 'nuff said.

Tonight, Michele and I are sitting in the living room, working on writing projects, enjoying the peace and quiet when, a BAT flew a lap around the living room and headed into the kitchen.


Michele expressed her displeasure with the BAT being in her house.  (yes, I am the master of understatements) Her condition for giving me permission to write a BLOG on our adventure, was that I would somehow make her the heroine of this story. Which is why it is called, "creative writing".  


The little kamikaze flew recklessly around the house from room to room.  (I suspect it is some sort of psychological warfare to freak out their victims) 


At this point, Michele was already Googling cities without bats, in an effort to locate where we would be moving -- tonight. 


I had the bright idea of opening all the doors and windows.  You know, chase the little monster around the house long enough, it was bound to accidently fly outside at some point.

Yea, right.

 First, hoards of mosquitos swarmed in through my open doors and windows. I suddenly became less popular than I was before. 

Great, more flying blood-sucking creatures to contend with while attempting to sleep.

Second, I'm not as worried about the single bat, as I am trying to figure out how it got in the house in the first place.  Are there 300 brothers and sisters squeezing in through the same small crack he used for access? 

Last, the little devil flew into our bedroom and disappeared. 

No, Michele is not pleased.  (yes, further understatements)

While I am stalking the elusive intruder, Michele Googles "how to catch a bat".  (smart girl -- because I found my Colt .45 and was headed for the bedroom for a showdown)

The all-knowing Google advised to get a towel and use it as a butterfly net to capture the bat. 

Good plan but one small issue, I can't find it. 

I never realized how many hiding places there are for a tiny rodent.  Not a happy pastor.  After 30 minutes of diligent hunting and mentally watching John Candy's "Great Outdoors" movie (yes, he had the same problem - and the little beast was hanging on his back most of the time - yes, that gave me the heebie-jeebies)

 I spotted the BAT behind a fold in our curtain, used the towel as Google suggested and deposited the critter back outside where he belonged, 

What a goat rodeo. 

 "No test or temptation that comes your way
 is beyond the course of what others have had to face.
All you need to remember
is that God will never let you down;
he'll never let you be pushed past your limit;
he'll always be there to help you come through it."
1 Corinthians 10:13 Message Bible

Your spiritual "low hanging fruit" for today is, unexpected weird stuff will come flying at you when you least expect it, have 1 Corinthians 10:13 memorized and pause for God to give you perspective. 

How often do we stress out and in our minds, fight battles that steal our joy, only to find that the battle never takes place? 

OK, maybe I am the only one who does this but it is simply stupid and a waste of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment