pastorshane

Monday, August 27, 2012

2 Angels

"Dont forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it!"
Hebrews 13:2

Today my wifey rode her motorcycle to Republic to an accountant training of some sort.  She has never decided if the whole motorcycle thing is her "thing" or not.  She gets to Republic and ends up on a side street where the pavement ends and turns to deep sand.  This is tough going, even for experienced bike riders.  The bike goes down and she has a "bad experience". 

Eventually she gets out from under the bike and is pretty tattered and shaken.  She calls me to express her displeasure with the circumstances and begins to settle down.  I jump in my pickup and head her way.  A full 40+ miles of slow mountain pass roads. 


While I am stopped by 3 different traffic flaggers at 3 different road construction projects going over Sherman Pass, my concern for Michele increases.  Monday seem to take great pleasure in pushing the boundaries of Murphys law ~ right to the breaking point.  You know, Whatever could go wrong ~ can and will go wrong.   

However, worry is only for the weak. 

The good Lord had His eye on Michele and was well aware she needed a hand. 


So on this sandy dead end road that went no where and had no traffic, a truck with a couple construction guys stopped to see if she was ok.  They set her bike up on its wheels and talked to her long enough to get her settled down. 

When I got to her, she was ready to toss the bike in the landfill but we will both be eternally grateful to the "2 angels" God sent to watch over my sweetheart. 

Her observation was that those 2 construction guys had no business being on that backroad to nowhere.  We will never know for sure, but no matter who they were or where they were going, in my book, they will always be the 2 angels the good Lord sent to watch over my bride till I could get there.

"Well Done God -- Thank You" 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment