pastorshane

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

God Is Always Present

I am sure this has never happened to you, but this morning, in spite of my best efforts, I was running late. I was trying to hurry myself along but to no avail.

I got my truck pointed down the road and found an opportunity to make up for lost time. Again, I am sure this has never happened to you. However, I am only human.

So after coaxing my Toyota up to "on or about the posted speed" I noticed the roadway surface was glazed over with a nice sheen of ice.

Which interestingly enough was almost exactly the same moment I noticed Bambi and her posse of ruffian deer ambling across the highway.

Two things happened simultaneously, (a) my goatee turned a lighter shade of gray and (b) I lost 10 days off the end of my life. And the good Lord gave me a "verbal warning" to slow down and drive at an appropriate speed for winter conditions. I'm no dummy. He only has to tell me once (a morning).

My spiritual observation for tonight is, when you are vulnerable, whether by your own design or otherwise, life will complicate things with a well placed speed bump.

"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble" Psalm 46:1

NOTICE the descriptive words used in Psalm 46:1....

"God" (Elohim) is our refuge" - Elohim is the word for the Triune (3 in 1) God. So our Enemy will have to go thru all Three (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) to get us.

"Refuge" – Is a safe shelter or hiding place from danger or storms.

"Strength" -- Is our security, boldness, or power.

"always ready" -- means God is always with us.

"help" -- means to come to our assistance.
He doesn’t leave us to our own struggles alone.

"in times of" -- means that God will not be late -- but will be with us during our distress, in the midst of our suffering.

"Trouble" -- means "in a tight place, in misery, in distress, in agony, in suffering"
Such as a tight place when you are between a rock and a hard spot.

"I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave, you are there.
If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night
-- but even in darkness I cannot hide from you
."
Psalm 139:7-12

THOUGHT:
"In times of peace - fortify.
in times of battle - rest."