pastorshane

Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Suggestion

Christian’s words are very important and the Bible has much to say about how we use our words.  The question is, are we going to use our words to establish, grow, restore and show the importance of our relationships?
 “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Ephesians 4:29

When interacting with people on a daily basis, consider these crucial phrases:


What is God doing through your life today?

As you go through your day, use your words to create an expectation that God is always at work in the lives of His people. Too often we don’t press our friends, coworkers or family to examine their lives in light of God’s plan for their day to day life.
 

Thank you

Gratitude is something that we (I) often fail to express.

Don’t take people for granted. Do as I say ~ not as I do on this one.  I am making an effort to retrain myself and develop a grateful spirit.   

Your thanks also let them know that others notice their efforts and that they are appreciated.
 

May I pray with you?

Never delay praying for someone if you know the need and the moment can be shared right then and there.

“I will be praying for you this week” is never as meaningful to someone as, “Let me pray about that with you right now.”

Taking time to pray with people—even a short prayer in passing—can be a treasured experience.

People often will not really believe you are praying for them unless they actually see and hear you pray for them and with them.
 

I’m sorry

We should never try to convince the world that we live in a bubble of perfection.  Always be sincere with apologizing. Don’t lie and pretend to be contrite if you are not.  Saying “I’m sorry” keeps us (me) humble and honest, and accountable.


“I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak” Matthew 12:36

No comments:

Post a Comment