pastorshane

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Guitar Instructor Needed

My wife and I have found that we both enjoy taking "classes". Michele tends to be very scholastic in her class preferences.
Since my "calling" is a lifelong quest studying God's Word,
I prefer to take classes that are more "musical" in nature.


A couple years ago, my wife bought me an acoustic guitar.
So I hired a guitar instructor from Calvary Chapel.
He was amazing and introduced me to a new medium for Worship.
However, my guitar sensei moved to Oregon.

A few months ago I found a new guitar instructor.
He had a passion for writing songs and worship music.
He was just beginning to move my skill-set forward,
When he moved to Colorado.

Now I know just enough about the acoustic guitar to be dangerous.
The House of Music gave me a couple business cards for instructors.
The first one collects phone messages and won't call me back.
The other one hasn't taught guitar in a couple years.

So, my point is, how do I find an acoustic guitar instructor?
Google has been less than “helpful”.
Word of mouth has been ineffective.
You would think with the economy bad
and jobs hard to find
that someone would be teaching guitar for a few bucks.

I am desperate enough that I have begun looking in Spokane.
So far, nothing very promising has presented itself.

NO ~ I have no desire to “entertain” or “perform”.
I have found 2 things about the acoustic guitar that I appreciate.
(1)            I can express my heart to God in song
(2)            The acoustic guitar, calms my soul and relaxes me

So I continue my search for someone to guide my guitar skills.

Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.” Psalm 33:3

No comments:

Post a Comment