pastorshane

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Very Challenging

Philippians 4:5, “Show a gentle considerate attitude towards everyone”.

One word describes the application of this verse, “ARGGGGGG”.

That in itself is very “do-able” within the confines of your friends and family. 

However, it takes on a different look when you begin to apply it with people that are, shall we say, “less than agreeable”. 

If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? 
Even sinners love those who love them! Luke 6:32

I bring this up for a reason.  I have found this principle challenging here lately and I have been praying for enlightenment on how God wants me to HONESTLY accomplish this. 

The answer, was not what I expected.

So God created human beings in his own image.
In the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them
Genesis 1:27

Here is what God was saying, “I made ALL human’s in My image”. 

WHO do you think you are to think you are better than someone else?

There are 2 types of people in this world:  FIXED and BROKEN

What is painful to accept is, if you are in the FIXED category, then tomorrow, you may be in the BROKEN category.

The spiritual application for this is simple, every single one of us DEMAND understanding and forgiveness when we mess up.  However, when someone offends us, we demand JUSTICE.  The exact opposite of “understanding and forgiveness”. 

I realize this is a heartbeat from preaching, so I will end this praying that GOD uses it to challenge you and change your heart. 

My final shot is:  Does your heart need changing?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment