pastorshane

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Our Journey Through Proverbs 3

"My child, don't reject the Lords discipline, and don't be upset when He corrects you. For the Lord corrects those He loves, just as a Father corrects a child in whom He delights" Proverbs 3:10-11

Yesterday an old army buddy I served with in Panama contacted me on FaceBook. When he stumbled on my name, his thoughts traveled down paths of mistakes long forgotten. When I told him I was a pastor and happily married, he immediately apologized for bringing up memories of partying and foolishness that revealed our immaturity.
My initial reaction was to laugh it off and chalk it up to stupidity run amuck. However as we talked and I reflected on my life journey, I realized that no matter how far I wandered, I never escaped Gods love. Suddenly I was not proud of my immature behavior, but I was honored by the work God accomplished in my life. The Apostle Paul said, "In my weakness, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:9-10). God took the problematic areas in my life that brought me shame and heartache and transformed those areas into attributes that bring Him delight. How cool is that?
God loves me enough to use circumstances, events and people to transform me into the very best model of me that He designed me to be. And God will continue to transform me (Philippians 1:6) into a person that lives a life that gives Him delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment