pastorshane

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Lights

Yup, it's the Christmas season.
Love it or dread it, it still rolls around as regularly as Mondays.
My wife mentioned that we needed a Christmas tree this year. Since we haven't put one up in a decade, I glibly suggested that WalMart has 3 foot artificial trees on sale. My sweetie mentioned that a natural tree was needed. So I grabbed my trusty hatchet and wandered up the hill behind my house in search of the elusive Charlie Brown Christmas tree. After hacking down a small pine, I visited the WalMart for lights and tree stuff.

As is was doing my bit to boost China's economy by shopping at the WalMart, I realized Christmas tree lights reminded me of Genesis 1:3-4, God said, "Let there be light" and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness".

Wrap your head around this, God didnt create the sun until 4 days later, after he created plant life. God provided everything plants needed to live before there was a sun. How cool is that?

God spoke and there was light. And the light pushed back darkness and sustained the new life.

One of my most favorite things to do, is get up about 3 in the morning, sit in my chair and watch the Christmas tree lights. The glowing lights push back the darkness and give me hope for a new year. A new beginning to right wrongs. A new beginning to learn from mistakes. A new beginning to reach out to those in need.

So as you look at your Christmas tree lights, remember the bright star over Bethleham that guided the wisemen to Jesus. Gods light providing direction.

John 8:12 "Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life"

No comments:

Post a Comment