pastorshane

Friday, December 2, 2011

Clinging to Hope

Depending on which news channel I invest an hour of my life watching, I either come away convinced that Mr. Rogers and his light blue sweater is blanketing the region with feel-good human interest stories or I experience shell shock from the doomsday prophets and need PTSD counseling.
Which led My wifey to take away my jar of Sharpies because I kept drawing up picket signs proclaiming "The End is Near". Finally the good Lord flipped my Bible open to Psalms 27:13, "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living".
God reached down and took the TV remote control out of my hand and with a kind smile said, "Relax, I have this".
This simple fact allows me to stop feeling that I have to control everything and just work at what God puts on my plate. I just need an occasional reminder that God is the parent and my role is to be His child.
So this evening I step back and with confidence, thank God for His goodness.
Pastor Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment