pastorshane

Monday, November 17, 2014

Can't Sleep



Can’t Sleep

It’s 3 am….

So I turned on the light and asked God to keep me company….

He told me to pray…. for you….

“As for me, I will certainly not sin against the Lord by ending my prayers for you. And I will continue to teach you what is good and right.1 Samuel 12:23 NLT

Sometimes at night…. The good LORD nudges me in my sleep and won’t leave me alone until I get up and spend some time reading His Word and praying for you….

I don’t pretend to have a crystal ball that reveals your exact need but I do walk close to the good LORD who knows your every pain and worry. 

So on nights like this…. I am your pastor…. Kneeling by my bed….

Asking God to protect you….
Asking God to heal you….
Asking God to comfort you….
Asking God to guide you….
Asking God to teach you….
Asking God to correct you….
Asking God to give you rest….

You are not alone….

“So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God.                         There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace                             
to help us when we need it most.Hebrews 4:16 NLT

God’s “call” on a person’s heart to serve as a “pastor/shepherd” is not a call to be a CEO of a church. 

God’s “call” to serve as a “pastor/shepherd” is a call to spend time walking close to God (Prayer / Bible Study) and walking close to people (believers / unbelievers). 

This concept violates what is normal in our society today.

Today’s society defines a pastor as a CEO that manages a church like a secular businessman manages a business.  Nothing could be further from the truth. 

Recently through a difficult experience at church…. God clearly revealed to me that His “call” to be a “pastor/shepherd” would continue whether I was employed by a church or not. 

One last thought along this line…. God “called” me to “pastor/shepherd” a “community church”. 

That means HE has “called” me to “pastor/shepherd” outside the limits of a denomination….

I am a “pastor/shepherd” to the community that God put me in to serve. 

Anyway, my point is this:  I am praying for you right now ~ whether or not you attend GVCC.  WHY? Because right now ~ God has put you on my heart…. And for this moment, I am your “pastor/shepherd” keeping watch over your soul….

“Obey your spiritual leaders, and do what they say.                                  Their work is to watch over your souls,                                                    
 and they are accountable to God.                                                                     Give them reason to do this with joy and not with sorrow.                            That would certainly not be for your benefit. 
Hebrews 13:17 NLT

PRAYER:
“Heavenly Father,
Please draw close to those who are afraid….
heal those who are in pain….
comfort those who are grieving….
encourage those who are depressed….
direct those who are confused…
correct those who are misguided….
and light the path for those who are in the dark and need to find their way back home….
We know that you are already at work…. doing what is best in each of these lives…. And for that we thank you…. And give you the honor and love You so rightly deserve….
In Your Son’s Name I ask this, Amen!”













No comments:

Post a Comment