pastorshane

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude



Attitude of Gratitude

I was reading the Spokane news this week and one of the lead stories was that people were already camping out in front of Best Buy to get a great spot in the line for “Black Friday”. 

What exactly goes through someone’s mind to think that sleeping on a sidewalk in front of a box store in single digit weather ~ to get first access through the door for a really good deal on a TV ~ is a healthy wise decision? 

Do they not already have a TV? 

Actor Will Smith said, “Too many people are buying things they can't afford, with money that they don't have... to impress people that they don't like!"


I’m writing another blog on CONTENTMENT that will build on this one. 
It is shocking how much Jesus had to say about these topics. 

Anyway, the attitude of gratitude is important for several reasons:
v  Thankfulness acknowledges that God is our provider
v  Thankfulness prevents a complaining spirit
v  Thankfulness creates a positive outlook on life
v  Thankfulness invites God’s joy to dwell in our hearts

“ Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.1 Thessalonians 5:18 NLT

YUP ~ you read that right ~ “all circumstances” ~ not just those that go my way ~ not just those that keep me safe and comfortable ~ “all circumstances”. 

Think about this…. God is in control…. So if He wanted you to be in perfect health ~ you would experience perfect health…. God is in control…. So if He wanted you to be wealthy…. Your VISA bill would be pain off in full….

PRAYER:
‘Heavenly Father,
when I have food….
help me to remember the hungry;
When I have work….
help me to remember the jobless;
When I have a home….
help me to remember those who have no home;
When I am without pain….
help me to remember those who chronically suffer,
And in remembering….
help me to destroy my complacency;
fire my compassion….
and be motivated to help;
By whatever means You desire….
lest I take for granted those You lead to my door.
in Your Son’s Name, Amen.”



No comments:

Post a Comment