pastorshane

Monday, June 3, 2013

Lord it's hard to be humble


Oh Lord it's hard to be humble

“O Lord, my heart is not proud, nor my eyes haughty;
nor do I involve myself in great matters,
or in things too difficult for me.”
Psalm 131:1 NLT

Humility is so often misunderstood.....
If you have a clear understanding of who YOU are before Almighty God....
you cannot be conceited.....
And if you have a clear understanding of who GOD is....
you cannot be arrogant.....

However if you have a clear understanding of who you are before God....
only then can you know true love and acceptance....

My point?
Arrogance trades faith for fear..
Humility trades fear for faith.....

Ego demands that  you try to control things and people....

Here are 3 steps toward the peace of mind that humility can offer:

#1. Accept the limitations you have as a human being

God is God and you are not God

#2. Trust in God to control what you cannot

And that’s pretty much everything.
You can’t control your health.
You can’t control your job.
You can’t control your cars.
You can’t control your kids.
You can’t control your spouse.

#3. Memorize Psalm 131:1

"Lord, my heart is not proud;
    my eyes are not haughty.
I don’t concern myself with matters too great
    or too awesome for me to grasp."

Choose humility and refuse to worry about what God is in control of.

God is God and I am not God.

No comments:

Post a Comment