pastorshane

Thursday, June 20, 2013

GVCC Bible Study for June 27th 2013 Elijah



Garden Valley Community Church
Pastor Shane Moffitt
June 27th 2013

“Character Study” series
Elijah on Mount Carmel

#1. I Kings 18:17 - What question did evil king Ahab ask Elijah?
___________________________

#2. I Kings 18:18 - What was bold Elijah’s response to king
Ahab?_________________________

#3. I Kings 18:19 - Where did Elijah instruct Ahab to gather all Israel and the
“prophets”? ________

#4. I Kings 18:20-21a - What question did Elijah ask the children of Israel   
there?______________
 
#5. I Kings 18:22 - How many prophets of Baal were at Mount Carmel?
______________________

#6. I Kings 18:23 - What animal was given for each sacrifice?
____________________________

#7. I Kings 18:24b - Then call on the name of
your god, and I will call on the name of the Lord. The god who answers by setting fire to the wood is the true God!”  

#8. I Kings 18:25-26 - How long did the “prophets” call upon the name of Baal beforethey leaped on the altar? __________________________ 
 
#9. I Kings 18:27-28 - What did these prophets do after Elijah mocked them?
_______________
#10. I Kings 18:29 - Did these prophets receive any answer from Baal?
_____________________

#11. I Kings 18:30 - What did Elijah instruct the people to do when he began to repair the broken altar? _________________________
 
#12. I Kings 18:31 - How many stones did Elijah take?
________________________________

#13. I Kings 18:32 - What did Elijah make “about the altar”?
_______________________________

#14. I Kings 18:33 - What did Elijah have poured on the sacrifice and wood?
_________________

#15. I Kings 18:34 - How many times was this done?
_______________________________

#16. I Kings 18:35 - the water ran around the
altar and even filled the trench.”
 
#17. I Kings 18:36 - What did Elijah pray would be known?
______________________________

#18. I Kings 18:37 - What did Elijah request of the Lord concerning the heart of Israel?          ____________________________________

#19. I Kings 18:38 - What happened after Elijah prayed?
_____________________________

#20. I Kings 18:39 - What then did all the people do?
_________________________________

#21. I Kings 18:40 - Who did Elijah instruct the people to take?
________________________

#22. I Kings 18:41-42a - Who did Elijah instruct to eat and drink?
_________________________

#23. I Kings 18:42b-44 - What did Elijah’s servant see the last time he looked toward the sea? ____________________________________
 
#24. I Kings 18:45 - What came down from heaven?           ____________________________________

#25. I Kings 18:46 - Then the Lord gave special strength to Elijah.”

Meditation Verse: 1 Kings 19:46                                        
And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah 

1 comment:

  1. I type one of these up every week for our Bible Study. Each week people that can't attend the Bible Study request the notes. So I decided to start posting them on my BLOG + I am happy to e-mail them to anyone that would like the WORD format. Just shoot me a note if you would like the notes e-mailed. www.shanemof@msn.com

    ReplyDelete