pastorshane

Monday, October 15, 2012

The Cosmic Flat Tire


My dear wifey and I are in total agreement, Monday October 15th, 2012 is a flat tire in the great cosmos.  If you listen closely, you can hear it "thump thump thumping" into the night as it slowly limps along toward Tuesday.  We are convinced that Murphy's Law was on some steroid overdose today.  Whatever could go wrong, not only did, but it did it like a Pittsburg Steeler linebacker.  Trust me, the power of positive thinking was totally ineffective against the onslaught of negative energy that was Monday October 15th, 2012.

So, we sat on our couch this evening plotting on how to turn the tides of change in our favor tomorrow.  There is no way either of us can survive another Monday October 15th, 2012.  I considered making a joke about "Groundhog Day" but realized that Michele is quite fragile and is surrounded by sharp objects.  Discretion is the better part of valor.

So, you ask me, WHY bother documenting such a day that proved to be devastatingly painful?  ANSWER:  I have no idea but I figure that each of you at some point in your journey on this spinning 3rd rock from the Sun may have experienced such a day.

NORMALLY the "marriage agreement" stipulates that ONLY one spouse at a time can have a bad day.  If I am having a bad day, she is required by the marriage contract to have a good day and be the strong partner for me to lean on.  And the plan works both ways.  However, nowhere in the marriage contract is there a stipulation for what we are to do when BOTH of us are ambushed by Murphy's Law.

It would seem that one of the PERKS of being married to "the pastor", would be an endless fountain of positive sage advice based on Biblical insight.  However, on Monday October 15th, 2012, "the pastor" was DRY and I had to hold up my hands and mutter, "sorry, got nuth'n".  The best advice I could muster involved going to the liquor store which, (who knew) statewide went out of business months ago.

So, what pray-tell is my "Spiritual Take-Away" from Monday October 15th, 2012?

If you read the Old Testament, it is FULL of passages that say, "..... and it came to pass".  The term, ".... and it came to pass" involved a lot of turmoil and suffering.  However, after extensively reading the Old Testament, I have never found one single place where it says, "..... and it came to stay".

With that in my friends, I am taking that to suggest that at midnight tonight, the good Lord is going to shake the cosmic Etch-a-Sketch board and let us start over tomorrow, Tuesday October 16th, 2012 with a whole new day.  A cosmic breath of fresh air.

Lamentations 3:22-23
"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."



No comments:

Post a Comment