pastorshane

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Starbucks part 1 The frantic soul

If confession is good for the soul,
Then I confess that  I love Starbucks dark coffee.
No cream, no sugar, no flavors,
Simply strong enough to eat the bottom out of your cup if you don't drink it fast enough.
Louis L'Amour wrote that he enjoyed coffee strong enough to float a horseshoe in it.
So as I sit here drinking my coffee -- waiting on my wifey to finish her appointment and join me, I started watching people.  Apparently that too is something I enjoy.
I found myself praying for them as they pass -- each bearing burdens that are robbing them of their joy -- creating fear and doubt.
Some pass me on a run -- behind schedule -- frantic to be everywhere they are expected to be -- when they are expected to be there. Their frantic pace has robbed them of their joy and in the dust behi d them Is Gods still gentle voice -- unheard. Gods voice offering, peace, hope, comfort and strength -- unneeded.
So I pray and ask God to not remove their difficult circumstances but rather nudge their heart and cause them to hear HIS voice in the midst of the storm. Causing them to draw close to HIM.

Isaiah 40:31 NLT

But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength, 

They will soar high on wings like eagles.

They will run and not grow weary, 

They will walk and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment