pastorshane

Friday, August 9, 2013

Back in the Saddle



Back in the Saddle

I took a break from writing my blog while I was sorting through some things and needed to get my own mind wrapped around life before I was able to express them on paper. 

I stumbled across a thought provoking passage (2 Corinthians 1:3-5 NLT), “…. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.  He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.  When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.  For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with His comfort through Christ.” 

I run the risk of over simplifying this verse when I suggest that you make a list of all the troubles in your life ~ watch how God brings you through them ~ then take the strength and wisdom you gleaned from the experience and watch as God brings people into your life that need exactly what you learned in your moment of trouble.  

Pass along what God used to comfort you.   

One of things this verse teaches is: God has a purpose for the painful things happening in your life.  It is not a waste. 

God is preparing you to be His messenger ~ the difficult experience is His way of equipping you with what you need to accomplish His purpose in other people's lives. 

God never wastes a hurt. 

Remember this:  God is always good.
 
God is always good, and is at work in every situation, working to bring about the very best possible result.

And that my friends is called, “FAITH”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment