pastorshane

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Embrace the Awkwardness



Embrace the Awkwardness

We all experience “seasons” in our lives. 
Some seasons are sunny and are full of positive experiences.
Some seasons are dark and full of rainy confusing confrontations.
This list is as long as there are people and life experiences. 
However, one of the more interesting “seasons” is the one that follows a long period of difficult testing and pain.
These difficult seasons change us on many levels.
Last night at midnight, my wife and I were discussing how a long difficult season of testing had impacted my life.
She noted that there were some areas that were unresolved and some negative attitudes were lingering.
She then asked me how I would counsel someone who was experiencing this same situation. 
I simply replied that an increased time of drawing close to God in quietness and honesty would produce a healing affect. 
She asked me why I was not doing this myself. 
My honest answer was, “I have tried but it has proven awkward.”
This prompted her to comment, “Then, embrace the awkwardness.”
 Come close to God, and God will come close to you.
Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts,
for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.” James 4:8 NLT  

Notice 2 things from this verse.
#1.  As you come close to God ~ He promises to come close to you.
v We come close to God when we set aside anything that offends God
v We come close to God when we make Him a priority and move away from our own selfishness and move to where He is

#2.  As you come close to God ~ You will be changed inwardly & outwardly.
v You cannot come close to God and not have your life impacted. 
v “impacted” means that you are changed to love the things He loves and you will hate the things He hates

OK,
I’m done preaching for today….
I just wanted to share with you what God is doing in my life this week and what lessons I am learning.

God bless you,
I’m praying for you
Pastor Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment