pastorshane

Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday Afternoon Attempt at Humor



Last Sunday after church, my dad commented that he thought my Sunday School lesson was quite a bit better than my sermon. 

I spent all week pondering this observation. 

At first, I wasn’t surprised because I have always had trouble “shifting gears” when teaching.  What I mean by that is, to teach for an hour on one Bible message and then shift to a totally different Bible message 30 minutes later…. Is just a tad more flexible than I am gifted for. 

Anyway, I came to a startling realization. In order to balance the natural order of things, this Sunday, I must either teach a lower quality Sunday School lesson or preach a lower quality sermon.

For those of you literalists reading this ~ I apologize ~
this is my feeble attempt at humor. 

For those of you that attend my services ~ I apologize.

The problem with me posting this today is ~ people in my services Sunday will be “rating” my teaching to see which they like better. 

Anyway, for those of you attending this Sunday’s 10:00 am              Bible Study, I will be teaching on Jesus’ 2nd temptation. 

Read Matthew 4:1-11. 

For background, read Psalm 91:11-12; Deuteronomy 6:16; Exodus 17:1-7

My thought for you on this lesson is this:
To test God is to doubt God ~ to doubt God is NOT to trust God ~ and NOT to trust God completely is SIN.
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm 99% sure my dad will comment that my choices are (a) lower the quality of my Sunday School lesson or (b) RAISE the quality of my sermon....
    :)
    but that's just silly talk

    ReplyDelete