pastorshane

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bees....



Today I stepped out of my garage and slammed the door behind me ~ instantly I was swarmed by bees. 
They immediately began stinging me on my left and all over my abdomen.
This caused me to revert into my alter ego ~ Jedi Ninja Master ~ and began flailing my arms like a wild man. 
Halfway to the house, I realized there was a “flock” of bees still stuck to the front of my shirt stinging my belly. 
Needless to say, I lived, but it definitely set the tone for the rest of Thursday. 
I grabbed a can of W.M.D. (Weapons of mass destruction) and headed back to the garage ready for battle. 
The bees built a nest right on the top of the door frame. 
Duh….
Exactly how did they think this was going to turn out????
So I sprayed them and sprayed them and sprayed them….
Until the wind shifted and blew all the over spray back on me. 
As I said, the bees set the tone for the rest of Thursday.
I know you are patiently waiting for me to get to a “spiritual application” for this death defying story but….
Honestly, if there is a “spiritual application”…. It hasn’t hit me yet. 
Lets try, Deuteronomy 1:44 NLT….
“But the Amorites who lived there came out against you like a swarm of bees. They chased and battered you all the way from Seir to Hormah.
Hummmmmm …. Not much there….
Psalm 118:12 NLT….
“They swarmed around me like bees;
    they blazed against me like a crackling fire.
    But I destroyed them all with the authority of the Lord.”
There…. I like the sounds of that one….

No comments:

Post a Comment