pastorshane

Friday, June 1, 2012

Spiritual Vision

I am studying for Sunday’s sermon and found an interesting phrase that I haven’t noticed before. 

Ephesians 1:18 NIV, “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened….”

“Spiritual vision” is the ability to see a situation or a person or an event from God’s perspective. 

When God looks at __________, what does He see? 

This week, there are some “problematic” situations in families I am helping.  Many of these families honestly don’t want my “help” ~ they simply want me to tell them that what they are doing is “OK” with God so they don’t have to make any changes. 

This puts me in an interesting position because 99% of the time, what they are “doing” is NOT “OK” with God. 

How do I know this? 

NO, not becuase my magic 8 ball revealed a hidden truth to me.   
But because I take the time to “KNOW GOD” through His Word.  God reveals His heart, mind, and will through His Word.  Makes sense huh. 

Anyway, my free thought on “spiritual vision” for today is this:                                       God looks at the INSIDE ~ we look at the OUTSIDE.   

The Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”                                  
1 Samuel 16:7

Years ago, I severely injured my lower back.  Doctors poked & prodded my lower back but they were unable to determine what was causing all my pain.  Finally, after 2 years of pondering my pain, they sent me to Spokane for an MRI. 

The MRI showed that I had severely injured my spine and required spinal fusion surgery.  However, without the MRI, the best of the best Doctors could only guess at what was causing my pain. 

I pray that God allows me to see what He sees when He looks at a family struggling to make healthy decisions. 

I pray that God allows me to see what He sees when He looks at a person that is withdrawn and hurting. 

I pray that God allows me to see what He sees when He commands a natural disaster to impact people’s lives. 

I pray that God allows me to see what He sees when He guides a nation into a time of economic turmoil and people struggle to find jobs. 

“…. Shall we accept good from God and not trouble?  Job 2:10

Though He slay me, yet will I hope in Him….”  Job 13:15

 Your spiritual take-away from this is,
“God works in circumstances, events, and people.  What is He doing in your life?  What is your perspective on what God is doing in your life?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment