pastorshane

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Driving From The Rearview Mirror


Driving From The Rearview Mirror

There is a reason that your windshield is larger than your rearview mirror.  

The idea is, you need to spend more time looking where you are going than where you came from. 

Don't get me wrong, there is value in learning from your past mistakes.  In fact, it is foolhardy to keep making the same mistakes over and over.  

My wifey's car has a cool back up camera that is activated when you put the car in reverse -- but for obvious reasons, it disconnects when you put it in drive and start moving forward. OK, that little tidbit doesn't really have anything to do with this blogs topic but it is really cool and I'm jealous my truck doesn't have one.  

To quote Jesus:  "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.” Luke 9:62

Too many of us try to steer our lives by looking back. We look back and blame our crookedness on our bad home life, environment, circumstances, abuse, parents, teachers, church, or society, rather than forgetting those things and going on. Go forward. Jesus said don’t look back.

Paul, “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13,14).

So what has the good LORD put in front of you -- that HE wants you to focus on?  

No comments:

Post a Comment