pastorshane

Friday, May 25, 2012

Graduation sermon notes 2012

Pastor Shane's 2012 Graduation Sermon
The Incredible Adventure Begins GENESIS 12:1-9
·        Today we honor our graduates ~ this is NOT the END ~ it IS ~ a beginning
·        A BEGINNING of a journey that will require you to draw on everything you have learned
God contacted Abraham & said, “I have a plan”
·        God gave a set of instructions to Abram
·        those instructions were perplexing

LESSON: when God uses someone ~ DEMANDS
                    they leave their COMFORT ZONE
·        What God is looking for a young person whom he can use; that individual who will follow him

NOTE:  #1.  Leave your country
·        #2. Leave your people
·        #3. Leave your father’s house
·        #4. Go where I show you
a)     GOD: Abraham, this is God ~ I want you to leave everything & everybody & go
b)    AB:  Go where?
c)     GOD: If I told you ~ you would not believe me
d)    AB: Try me
e)     GOD: It’s 1500 miles away called Canaan
f)      AB: Never heard of it
g)     GOD: I know, and there is more
h)    AB: More????
i)       GOD: I am going to make you the father of a great nation
j)       AB: ahhhhh I don’t have any kids
k)    GOD: Don’t Worry ~ I have a plan
l)       AB: let me see if I understand ~ you want me to leave everyone & everybody ~ travel 1500 miles across the desert to somewhere I have never heard of ~ and become the father of a great nation ~ RIGHT?
m)  GOD: Right
n)    AB: Is this some kind of joke?
o)    GOD: Nope
p)    AB: One last question ~ What am I supposed to tell my wife????

READ: Hebrews 11:8
·        Ab OBEYED & WENT
LESSON: when God calls ~ He never EXPLAINS
·        God will give you enough to get you moving
·        The rest is up to Him

Verses 6-9: 1,500 miles later… Canaan… PAGANS
·        Arrived at Shechem – Central Israel ~ W Bank
·        “the Canaanites were in the land”
·        Met by pagan idolaters ~ sworn enemies
LESSON:  Faith is never EASY
·        Abraham’s 1st act: build an alter & worship
·        FAITH leads to ACTION
·        ACTION leads to WORSHIP
HELP for CHALLENGES:  
·        Romans 8:31-39; Ephesians 3:20-21; Philippians 4:13 & 19; 2 Corinthians 12:9  
·        No challenge can come without his care; no difficulty without his deliverance; no hardship without his help.
·        The will of God will never lead you where the grace of God will not sustain you!
·        Abram. He received no road map, Google Map with directions ~ but he went
The Question is:  WILL YOU????

No comments:

Post a Comment