pastorshane

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Distractions

Distractions

Have you ever spent more time trying to get your computer to do what you need it to do ~ than you spent on the actual project you are supposed to be working on? 

This morning I was typing my notes for a funeral service and found ½ a page blocked out.  It wouldn’t let me type anything on that ½ a page nor would it allow me to delete whatever setting was blocking my progress.

After 30 minutes of fooling around with it ~ I gave up and retyped my notes in a new WORD document that was uncorrupted by ghosts and goblins. 

It makes me wonder how much work I could accomplish if I used a pen and paper and turned off FaceBook. 

Naaaaaa ~ that’s just silly talk.

There is an old sermon illustration about a puppy that had a hard time concentrating on anything.  Every time a squirrel ran by ~ the puppy would immediately ignore whatever it was paying attention to and dash off chasing the squirrel.  Thus, whenever I get distracted, my wife rolls her eyes and mutters, “Squirrel”. 

Perhaps FaceBook is a type of “Squirrel” that saps hours of our time and attention away from things we should be paying attention to. 

Trust me... my own tendencies toward distractions are what prompted my thoughts on this blog.    
Proverbs 4:25-27 NLT
25 Look straight ahead,
    and fix your eyes on what lies before you.
26 Mark out a straight path for your feet;
    stay on the safe path.
27 Don’t get sidetracked;
    keep your feet from following evil.

PRAYER:
Heaven Father, please help me to “Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth” (Colossians 3:2 NLT) so every area of my life brings a smile to your face.  Please allow me to view the relationships in my life through your perspective ~ so I can bring to them what is needed to allow them to spiritually move closer to You.  In Your Son’s Name, Amen!






No comments:

Post a Comment